Thursday, April 22, 2010

GUSTER!!!


So, everyone who knows me well knows that Guster is my favorite band! (tied with slightly stoopid, but thats for another post) So, you can only imagine how excited I was to hear that Guster was playing a show for Springback to Vail this season. Springback is just a clearly, super creative way of naming the last week of our season. Sense my sarcasm...anyway, I was super super excited to go see them,even though I already have quite a few times. Anyway, we get down to the show and its PACKED!! I am already super bummed because we missed the beginning and we can't see anything so I'm desperately trying to find a good spot. My friend Heather decides that we should poach a hotel balcony and watch from up above!!(thank you Heather, if you read this...made my night!) So, we proceed through the lobby of the Sitzmark hotel and straight up the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, is a guy who is clearly, gaurding the balcony from people just like us. As we walk by, he yells, "hey are you staying here??" and Heather yells back, "Yeah, our friends are, we are going to see them" Then he continues with, "What's their name?" This is all happening while we are walking up the stairs. Heather is already at the second floor so I have to respond. Since we started drinking really really early and I was a little stressed about getting outside to see the show, the only name I can think of is Smith. So I respond with "Smith...John I think..." John Smith. What kind of asshole comes up with that?? The kid just starts laughing at me and I run up the stairs to catch Heather. Thankfully, he didn't come after us but I don't think Heather will let me live that one down for awhile. John Smith. I'm that asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment