Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today

So, catching up my blog from all that time away is proving to be a difficult thing to accomplish. I feel like, in hindsight, all the stupid stories and events that have happened, aren't such good stories after the fact. So, here I am at work, trying desperately to finish the work week without dying. My normal schedule is 4 days a week, 10 and a half hour shifts. Well, this week I had extra days to fill in and I am on day 4 of 6 and I it's proving to be difficult. It's not that I'm busy with work related things, It's just a long day to fill up with activities when you are limited to an office and a computer. Needless to say, I am very caught up on all things internet. I am on facebook wayyy more than I'd like to admit, MSN is my go-to website for anything happening OUTSIDE our little Vail bubble, and random google searches are where most of my knowledge is acquired. This latter activity is where I got my most recent idea. I'm thinking of taking the GRE. (cue the dramatic musical tones).
Mom! Mom? Did you hear me? I SAID I'm thinking of taking the GRE. Which essentially means grad school. Come to think of it, I was GOOD in school. Really, I had no troubles and enjoyed it more than quite a lot of my classmates, but when I got to college, I had no direction. I just didn't know what I wanted to do. Well, sitting here, pushing 30 years old, I may have finally figured it out. Kind of. I mean, I want to do EVERYTHING! I want to be a marine biologist, and a phys. ed. teacher, and an archeologist, and a museum curator, but since no one offers a degree to umbrella all of those topics I've settled on one. A master's in english and literature.

I actually used to be really good at english, literature, writing etc. Still am, for that matter. I'm not saying this in any way to be vain, or cocky, I am just good at these topics. Always have been. Not only that, I enjoy them. Not many people know about my side as a closet nerd. Books make me excited, I love to write (yes, even poetry), and I aspire to write a book someday. To top that off, I actually want to encourage people to love literature as much as I do! I am a proud owner of not 1, but 2 library cards in this valley! Yes, this is the next step that I am...debating. GRE: where, when, how, and what next?
These are my ponderings of the moment. Now, off to lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. Now, I'm doing practice here to prep for GRE. masteryourgre.com . I hope everyone can get more resources here.

    ReplyDelete