Friday, March 5, 2010

Day #1


so today i started a blog. do i know what im doing?? no! do i like to use caps and correct punctuation? nope. i will eventually when i have more important things to say.
Welcome to my mermaid life! I have always wanted to be a mermaid. someday, hopefully i will be, therefore, this is how my rants came to be named. I needed something strange enough to catch your attention, but it also has some deep down meaning...at least to me.
Here i am, at my job. (i probably shouldnt admit that actually) My job, which i love, entails answering phones when they ring. In other words....i wait for the phone to ring. When it DOESN'T, i need to entertain myself in other ways. This involves lots of web-surfing, catching up on my current events, facebooking (i hate admitting this part), and many other activities. Due to the random knowledge that I acquire on a daily basis, I had to start a blog! I got to the point where I had SO MUCH STUFF that i learned in a day, and I HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!! Unfortunately, i don't really have anyone to tell. I forget half of the really good stuff by the end of the day and when i try to relay this information to Ryan, it's no longer that interesting. Ryan, for anyone who doesnt know, is my best friend, partner in crime, ski buddy, travel acquaintance, guinea pig when it comes to cooking, and lastly, my fiance! He's screwed! ;) He's stuck with me for life and trust me, I have a lot to say!
So that brings us to the end of my "this is the point of my blog" blog. I needed someone to tell about the cute puppy photos i was looking at this morning, and the huge waves that ravaged a cruise ship in the meditterranean, and how i dont think it was the orca whales fault that that nice trainer died in florida....etc etc.
I AM A WEALTH OF RANDOM FACTS AND USELESS KNOWLEDGE! oh, and a mermaid.

2 comments:

  1. go to sporcle.com this is how i pass the time at work and also how i came to memorize the presidents in order backwards, every team in MLB and 100 of the most popular male and female names from 1900. trust me, i have more useless facts than anyone but i'm killer at trivial pursuit and more than 1 person has said i'm who'd they'd call should they need a mobile shout-out from the cash cab and (unfortunately for some people)i absolutely never forget anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and i totally agree with you. if i was snatched out of my home, kept in some stupid tank and exploited day after day i'd probably kill someone too. it's a wild animal...hello.

    ReplyDelete