Thursday, March 11, 2010

YIKES!




So, THIS is what I was living with when I was living in Australia. Yeah, gross as hell. These guys are EVERYWHERE!! There are two kinds of spiders that look exactly alike. The ones that are in everyones houses (ie this one...) are called Huntsman spiders. Supposedly harmless but I'm sure if you had one in your shoe when you stuck your foot in it, he might let you know! The other kind are wolf spiders and they can kill you. They also jump. I had one land on my foot once and almost pooped my pants. Oh yeah, and they're huge! We went to dinner once at a friends house in Queensland and the minute we walked into their GORGEOUS BRAND NEW HOUSE one of these was the first thing that caught my eye! He was above the sink on the wall while my friends mom was washing dishes RIGHT UNDERNEATH HIM! I freaked, and we asked if she wanted us to remove him and she said NO!!! "He eats the bugs so we just let him roam..." WHAT?? The whole meal, which im sure was amazing, I was busy keeping one eye on the spider. He was moving all over the damn place and I can't even remember what I ate! These guys are everywhere. I found one in the linen closet when I went to get a bath towel! It was like 6 inches in diameter and my friend claimed to have put it in my bed but (luckily) I never saw him again!
Oh well, I came across this picture and figured I would share with everyone. This is just one of the little treats to greet you when you arrive in Australia! Who wants to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment